Thursday, January 16, 2014

Accepted!

Yesterday was a great day. I was accepted to two more law schools: George Mason and Boston University. I have already been accepted to University of North Carolina and University of Denver. (Still waiting on University of Florida and University of Illinois.)

I am SO EXCITED.

This means I have options. It means I've been accepted to my top two schools (UNC and BU). Granted, I applied for joint degree programs in law and mass communication, so I still have to wait it out to see if those masters programs accept me.

Boston University School of Law, via

This also means that I get to start planning a cross-country trip to visit North Carolina and Boston. Boston offers a small travel stipend that will help with costs, making the trip perfectly affordable. I have a dear friend who lives in the Boston area, so it will be a great opportunity to visit her as well.

Not to mention I'll be crossing off an item on my 30-by-30 list (visit Boston)!

University of North Carolina School of Law, via

Then, in Chapel Hill, I think I'll take the opportunity to couchsurf with a current graduate student. I'm confident it will be an awesome experience.

Taking this trip will give me the opportunity to not only attend the admitted students days at the law schools, but will also give me the ability to see the areas, interact with professors from the communication schools, and look at possible living arrangements in each city.

Plus, given that it will be just before deposits are due, it will allow me to make my final decision on where to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment