Thursday, July 30, 2015

Mourning My Marriage ... Two Years Later

I had the absolute pleasure of officiating the marriage of two of my best friends this week. They are absolutely perfect for each other, and their wedding was lovely. 

As much as I adored being such an integral part of their union, it was hard for me. They vowed to love each other rain or shine and looked at one another so passionately, and I realized how much I miss that. 

I miss the promises of forever. I miss being looked at like I'm the most beautiful thing in the world. I miss being called pet names. I miss feeling secure. I miss being married. 

I don't miss my ex-husband anymore, and I am so happy with my boyfriend. But it isn't the same. It isn't marriage. I'm not ready to get married again, but I'm definitely ready to be married. I've been ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment