Monday, June 8, 2015

Three Years

Today, I celebrate myself -- my goals, my setbacks, my resilience.
Three years ago, I was celebrating what I thought would be my happiest memory. To be honest, I still think that day was beautiful. I take pride in choices I made then, even if they didn't turn out the way I thought they would.



But I’m even prouder of the things I’ve accomplished since. I’m proud of myself for graduating from college with honors. I’m proud for putting myself out there and finding a wonderful, supportive boyfriend. I’m proud for chasing my dreams all the way to NC and Philly, for kicking ass in law school, for giving back to my community. Most of all, I'm proud that I no longer need the pride of others, because my pride is enough.

If you had told me three years ago that I'd be where I am today, I would have laughed in your face. I fully expected to be starting a family by now, living in the West, loving my husband.

But look at me now! I'm so blessed to be where I am. I'm beautiful. I'm confident. I'm smart. I know I can handle anything that comes my way. It's more than I ever imagined for myself. And that makes me proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment