Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Blessed

Today I was accepted to both University of Florida and University of Illinois. What's more: I was offered a full-tuition scholarship at UIUC.

FULL TUITION SCHOLARSHIP.

Can we just take a moment to breathe that in?

...

Lately, I've been feeling exceptionally blessed. As much as life has been hard, God has made sure I have ample blessings to keep me motivated and trucking along.

I could make a list for you of all the concrete blessings I've received -- internships, paid research, acceptances, coursework. But that wouldn't really capture it.

God has also put people in my lives: my professors who continue to encourage me not only in my scholarly life, but also in my personal life; my mother and sister who are always there for me, no matter what; my best friends who make me giggle even when I think all I can do is cry; my friends who I didn't even really realize were there for me until life started crumbling.

via

Yesterday, God worked through someone whom I just met to remind me of His providence. A new acquaintance reminded me of the beginning verses (1:1-5) of John:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

These verses tell us that Jesus was the complete fulfillment not only of Old Testament prophesy, but also of human need. Every need, every yearning we have, Christ came to fulfill. For me, there is so much peace in that wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment