Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Beautiful: What does it mean?

It all started with this:


wedding picture

This is me on one of the happiest days of my life: My wedding day. I was 20, in love, and I knew exactly what I was doing. We had been dating for 4.5 years when we wed, and I was sure that he was the one.

But, a short time later, my husband left suddenly.

I've learned things change.

Though I didn't know why my husband left, I quickly began my journey to peace. I began learning to let go. I'm still on that journey. Through God's providence, I'm finding peace and joy.

And I'm happy again.

Here's what I know:
I know I have a wonderful future ahead of me.
I know I am smart and capable.
I know I will love again.
I know I will become my beautiful.

So becoming my beautiful isn't about becoming skinny, learning how to perfect my makeup routine, buying flattering clothing. Becoming my beautiful isn't about dating or men.

Becoming my beautiful is about following a path to me, to my goals. It's about finding peace with situations beyond my control.

Becoming my beautiful is about living, learning, and letting go. It's about allowing myself to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment